We’re just days away from the highly-anticipated release of the iPhone 7 and 7+.
But as with all things Apple, the big reveal of all the product’s new features just wouldn’t be the same without a top security analyst dropping a fuck-ton of spoilers first.
Ming-Chi Kuo is a KGI Security Analyst who claims to be ‘the best Apple analyst on the planet’ and, living up to his moniker, he just exposed 15 brand new major features Apple is going to dish out on the new iPhone, reports Forbes.
Obtained by AppleInsider, the list reads as follows:
- New True Tone displays like the iPad Pro range, with laser based proximity sensors for faster response times
- 32GB, 128GB and 256GB storage tiers will replace 16GB, 64GB and 128GB
- 2x 12MP dual rear camera limited to iPhone 7 Plus, uses 1x wide angle and 1x telephoto lenses
- Upgraded ambient light sensors on both new iPhone cameras for better low light shots
- Camera flash LEDs doubled from two to four with warm and cool colours
- 3.5mm headphone jack removed
- Lightning EarPods and a 3.5mm to Lightning headphone adaptor included in the box
- Second external speaker and integrated amplifier for louder, richer output
- Basic IPX7 water resistance – both phones can withstand splashes and full submersion for up to 30 minutes. Not quite Galaxy S7 level (one hour+), but close.
- 2GB RAM for iPhone 7, 3GB RAM for iPhone 7 Plus
- Next generation A10 chipset sees CPUs hit 2.45GHz clock speeds and 20-30% performance gains
- 3D Touch 2.0 sensor with more distinct haptic feedback
- Home button replaced with non-clicking touch sensor with haptic feedback
- Antenna bands removed from the back of both models for cleaner look
- Two new colours: dark black and piano black (latter in limited quantities for 256GB model); space grey colour option ended
Yep, that’s a lot of new features.
While many are arguing that the iPhone 7 and 7+ won’t make any revolutionary changes in the world of smartphones, judging from the list above there’s certainly more than enough new features and changes to keep everybody happy.